Online Payment Introduction Letter
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Thank you for registering with the Medford Public Schools (MPS) in the afterschool program.
We are pleased to offer you a convenient online method to enroll in a payment plan with FACTS Management Company. This letter pertains to all families who are not receiving state vouchers.
Go to FACTS to set up a payment plan by July 1, 2016:
To begin, simply type the Online Access address into the address bar of your internet browser. After registering you can sign-in: click on the Set up a Payment Plan link for your child’s program at MPS. If you are a returning FACTS family, see the information provided.
At signup, families choose the day of the month convenient for budgeting. Families must set up their monthly payment plan by July 1 to select either a 5th of the month payment date beginning in August or a 20th of the month payment date beginning in August. Initial preregistration will not be completed until a payment date is set up. (Reminder: Your yearly Enrollment Contract for School Year 2016-17 is due at the afterschool office by August 20. Afterschool starts on the first day of school, August 30, for children in Grades 1-5 and September 7, the first day of school for kindergarten children). If you enroll after July 1, you may jeopardize your afterschool slot and payments will be spread over fewer months resulting in higher monthly payments. Tuition amounts will be posted shortly after you register. You will receive an email once your tuition costs for the 2016-2017 School Year have been posted to your FACTS account. If you have questions regarding tuition, please contact Cheryl Alpers at the afterschool office.
FOR ALL OTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING THE PAYMENT SYSTEM PLEASE CONTACT FACTS AT 866-441-4637.
We are excited to offer this tuition payment system! If you do not have a computer, or access to a computer, contact the Afterschool Office.
Letter to Returning Families
Happy Spring! Afterschool enrollment for School Year 2016-17 for new afterschool families begins April 4, 2016. If you are signing up for afterschool remember to return the enclosed Pre-registration form along with the required registration payment of $50 (families receiving vouchers do not pay a fee). No FAXES or emails will be accepted. For further assistance contact Cheryl Alpers at 781-393-2102. Paperwork can be mailed or dropped off at the afterschool office, 489 Winthrop Street.
- Do I need to pay a new registration fee? All families are now required to pay a yearly $50 non-refundable registration fee if your child(ren) will be enrolled in one or more of the following Medford Public Schools programs: Before School, After School, McGlynn Preschool, Kids’ Corner, Make Way for Kids, or MEEP. You will need to pay the $50 fee for each program at the time of registration but your first payment will be credited if you enroll in more than one Medford Public Schools program. Note: Afterschool families receiving vouchers do not pay a registration fee.
- Do I pay a deposit? Deposits will only be required if a family has a voucher. The deposit will be due by August 20 along with an eligible voucher.
- How will I pay my monthly tuition payments? All tuition payments for families not receiving a voucher will be made using FACTS Tuition Online Payments (see attached letter).
- What are all the Enrollment Steps for families not receiving vouchers? The process will be as follows: (1) Return Pre-registration form along with a check or money order for $50. (2.) Register with FACTS (if you do not have a voucher) by July 1, 2016 and determine payment date. If you already have a customer number you will keep that number. (3.) Make your first payment for August/ September’s tuition by August 20, 2016. (4.) Return your Enrollment Contract for School Year 2016-17 by August 20, 2016. The Enrollment Contract for School Year 2016-17 will be on the Medford Public Schools website beginning the week of July 5 and mailed/emailed beginning the week of August 1. The Enrollment Contract can be scanned, mailed or FAXED (781-393-2123) to the Afterschool Office.
- What are all the Enrollment Steps for families receiving vouchers? The process will be as follows: (1) Return Pre-registration form. (2) Confirm by August 20 that the Afterschool Office has a current voucher on file for the start of School Year 2016-17. (3) Pay invoice (minimum payment: deposit plus one week’s tuition). (4.) Return your Enrollment Contract for School Year 2016-17 by August 20, 2016. The Enrollment Contract for School Year 2016-17 will be on the Medford Public Schools website beginning the week of July 5 and mailed/emailed along with an invoice beginning the week of August 1. The Enrollment Contract can be scanned, mailed or FAXED (781-393-2123) to the afterschool office. Please note that we will no longer accept cash or personal checks. Payment must be in the form of a bank check or money order. If you wish to do online payments, please contact Cheryl Alpers (781-393-2102).
- What if I want to add/change days after I register? Unless there are extenuating circumstances, e.g., family member loses a job, families may make a schedule change effective October 1. (The adding of days is based on program availability.) All requests must be in writing (email is acceptable). Note procedure: We now require a two-week written notice to drop days with schedule changes only going into effect the first of the month. October 1 is the first month of allowable schedule changes.
- When does afterschool start? Afterschool starts on August 30, the first day of school for children in Grades 1-5. Afterschool starts on September 7, the first day of school for children entering kindergarten.
Financial Assistance remains limited. If you are interested in a scholarship please contact Cheryl Alpers at 781-393-2102 or email@example.com.
Thank you for following these guidelines. Your pre-registration is official when paperwork and payment is returned and you have completed the FACTS registration process by July 1.