Please note that some positions might be part-time as determined by the needs of the school district.
Some of the below files are linked to additional information in a PDF.
Current and Anticipated Openings
- Full-time permanent substitute high school Social Studies teacher. Must have a minimum of preliminary license. If interested and qualified, please contact Dr. Chiesa, Director of Humanities, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FT Special Education Teacher Inclusion Support: Andrews Middle School; Applicant must hold a Massachusetts Moderate Disabilities PK-8 or 5-12 license. An additional general education license in English 5-8, Math 5-8, or Middle School Mathematics/ Science is preferred. Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and copy of license to email@example.com
- Full time high school Italian and Spanish teacher. Must be able to start right after winter break. Interested candidates should contact Director of Foreign Language, Rita DiCarlo firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FT Special Education Mathematics Substitute Teacher: To educate in a separate classroom, co-teaching, and inclusionary model. The successful candidate has strong mathematics applications and special education background. High School license for special education, required. Secondary mathematics license is preferred. Interested applicants email Heidi Riccio, MVTHS Principal, at email@example.com.
- Elementary Lunch Attendant Interested applicants please forward your letter of interest, and resume to Suzanne Galusi, Brooks Elementary School Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Physics Teacher– Immediate Opening. Candidates must have the appropriate MA-DESE licensure for the position in Physics (9-12). Forward a letter of interest, resume, and copy of licensure to Rocco Cieri, Director of Science, via email at email@example.com.
- Paraprofessional openings: Andrews Middle School; ABA Paraprofessional Roberts Connections Program; Vocational Education Paraprofessional at MVTHS. Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lifeguards – We are looking for certified lifeguards to work at the Medford High school pool this summer for day and evening hours. Contact Rachel Perry at email@example.com 781-393-2280 for more information.
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired (PDF)
- School Year 2016-17: The Medford Public Schools Afterschool Program has four site locations: Brooks School, Columbus School, McGlynn School and Roberts School. We need group leaders and assistant group leaders. Positions available in expanding afterschool programs. Schedule Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri 2:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Wed 1:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Group Leader receives an additional on-half hour for prep. Experience with children K-5 is preferred. Activities include homework time, free play, gym and outdoor time, activity time, i.e., art, science. School Year Schedule. Interested applicants please forward letter of interest and resume to Shelley Gross, EC/Afterschool Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medford Public Schools utilizes the AESOP online substitute placement and absent management service.
Substitute teachers for preschool through grade 8 are needed for daily on-call basis to fill in for teacher absences. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Medford Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Medford Public Schools to ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medford Public Schools prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
The Medford Public Schools pays competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
Please send resumes and job application letters to the following address unless otherwise noted above:
Mr. Roy E. Belson
Superintendent of Schools
489 Winthrop Street
Medford, MA 02155