Kindergarten Registration for the School Year 2017/2018
Kindergarten Enrollment is for children who will be five (5) years of age – by August 31, 2017.
All registrations must be submitted in person at the Parent Information Center, no exceptions.
Please note: Registration forms will not be mailed out; all forms can be downloaded below.
Parent Information Center located in the main lobby at Medford High School, 489 Winthrop Street
Beginning Monday, March 6, 2017:
Parent Information Center Hours
7:00 AM-3:00 PM
Tuesday, March 7 & Wednesday, April 12, 2017
3:00 PM-6:30 PM
Tuesday, April 18 & Wednesday, April 19, 2017
8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Early registration is recommended to ensure placement in your neighborhood school.
Parent or Legal Guardian must bring the following:
1. Registration Forms- download here (PDF)
2. Proof of Residency
a. 2 current utility bills (i.e. water, gas, electric, mortgage statement or lease) in Parent or Legal Guardian’s name OR
b. Notarized Residency Affidavit (download here) signed by the home owner and and two current utility bills in the name of the person with whom you are residing.
3. Student’s Birth Certificate
4. 4. Student’s immunization record, a physical exam within one year, lead test results, tuberculosis test results or tuberculosis risk assessment, and vision screening with stereopsis. All incoming kindergarten students must be medically cleared before the start of school.
5. Photo Identification of Parent or Legal Guardian. Legal Guardians will have to provide a Caregiver Authorization Affidavit. (Available at the Parent Information Center)
6. For Special Education students: please provide district with Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Registrations will not be processed unless all of the required documents (listed above) are received.
All students are assigned to their proximity zone/geographical zone school. The School Assignment by Street listing can be found here. Parents who wish to send their child to a school outside their proximity zone may fill out a choice selection form at the time of registration. Choice assignments are granted based on space availability, sibling preference and diversity plan guidelines. If requests are approved, parents will be notified at the end of August. Transportation to a non-proximity zone school is the parent’s responsibility.
Registration forms for our Before School and Afterschool programs will be available for new families beginning Monday, April 3, 2017. Space availability is on a first come, first serve basis. A child must be registered with the Medford Public Schools in order to register for Before and Afterschool programs.
Non-English or limited English speaking students will be assessed by the ELL staff.
If an Interpreter is needed to interpret this information, please call the ELL office at 781-393-2348.
– Casa necessite de um Interprete para traduzir esta informacao, por favor contactar o escritorio de ELL no numero: 781-393-2348 (Portuguese)
-Si un Interprete es necesitado para tradusir esta informacion, por favor contacta la officina de ELL en numero: 781-393-2348 (Spanish)
-Si w bezwen yon Entèprèt pou tradui enfòmasyon sa a pou wou, souple rele biwo ELL nan nimewo sa a: 781-393-2348 (Haitian-Creole)