- WHAT IS TITLE I?
- NEWS AND INFORMATION
- TITLE I STAFF
- PARENT INVOLVEMENT
- PUBLICATIONS FOR PARENTS
- PARENT LENDING LIBRARY
- BUILDING READERS NEWSLETTERS
TITLE I STAFF
Diane J. Caldwell, Assistant Superintendent, Director of Elementary Education/Title I
Medford High School
489 Winthrop Street
Medford, MA 02155-2393
Michele Bissell, Secretary/Parent Coordinator
COLUMBUS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Maria Dennen, Beth Ferrante, Donna Mazzei
MCGLYNN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Andrea Bell, Therese Lanzilli
ROBERTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Patrice Bucci, Ann Smith
Parents play a vital role in the Title I program. The Medford Title I staff works to increase effective parental involvement in the program.
Opportunities for parents to participate in the Title I program include:
- Attend parent-teacher conferences
- Attend workshops to help parents work with their children at home
- Receive school to home curriculum and materials
- Receive timely information about other Title I programs
- Serve on the Medford Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The Annual Title I Meeting is held in October once the student selection process is complete. At this meeting, parents have the opportunity to:
- Review the Parent Involvement Policy and make changes and suggestions that will improve the Title I program.
- Review the Home-School Compact and make changes and suggestions that will increase parents’ ability to enhance their children’s learning.
- Meet the staff of the Title I program.
- Learn about the student selection and assessment processes.
- Offer suggestions as to how parents can be involved in the program.
- Discuss opportunities for workshops and parent training sessions that will increase parents’ ability to partner with the school in promoting the education of their children at school and at home
The Annual Review Meeting is held in May to give parents the opportunity to reassess both the Parent Involvement Policy and Home-School Compact.
PUBLICATIONS FOR PARENTS
TITLE I PARENT LENDING LIBRARY
Parent books and DVDs may be borrowed from the Title I office on a first come first served basis. Please complete the request form and have your child return it to their Title I teacher. You may email your request to the Title I office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view the parent book and DVD list or to print a copy of the request form.
BUILDING READERS NEWSLETTERS