Medford Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
“Where Everyone Belongs”
Mission and Purpose
The SEPAC’s purpose is to fulfill the directive stated in Chapter 71B of the Massachusetts General Laws which requires a school district to establish a PAC and assigns both an advisory and a participatory function to the PAC.
In meeting this requirement, the mission of the Medford Special Education Parent Advisory Council is to:
- Advise the District on matters that pertain to the education and safety of students with disabilities by seeking input from the Special Education parent members;
- Meet regularly with school officials;
- Participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of the school district’s special education program;
- Participate in planning workshops and activities, as prioritized by the SEPAC Board.
News and Events
Fall 2013 events to be posted when they are available.
Medford SEPAC Board Members for the term of May 2012 to May 2014.
- Florie Chambers – representing The Curtis School, Andrews School and Vocational School. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanie McLaughlin – representing The Brooks, McGlynn and Early Childhood. Email: email@example.com
- Lauri Mederios – Out of District and High School. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrienne Szafranski – representing Roberts and Columbus, High School. Email: Adrnnszf@aol.com
The Medford SEPAC is always looking for parents / guardians of children with special needs (and other interested parties) to be a part of our community. If you would like to learn more about how to get involved with teh Medford SEPAC please email Melanie McLaughlin email@example.com.
Medford SEPAC General Business Meeting: The purpose of a general meeting is to plan, review, and discuss SEPAC initiatives; invite speakers that are relevant to SEPAC business, and to vote on agenda items that come before the board. All meetings are open to the public.
Medford SEPAC will be meeting the second Wednesday of every month (unless noted) at 7:00pm at the Andrews Middle School, 3000 Mystic Valley Parkway, Medford.
Dates are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 14, 2012 – Basic Rights Workshop. Business meeting to follow.
- Tuesday, December 11, 2012
- Wednesday, January 9, 2013
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Past meeting agendas and notes are on our past meeting notes page.
Connect with SEPAC
The Medford SEPAC is now on Facebook.
Find us on Facebook: search SEPAC Medford MA (https://www.facebook.com/SepacMedfordMa) for great resources on special education issues. Information includes: Upcoming Events in Our Schools; Activities for Children and Their Families; and Educational Opportunities, Health Insurance information, etc.
Join our Email List
To sign up to receive emails as well as Medford Public School’s special education event information online, email Medford Sepac at firstname.lastname@example.org.