Treble Makers Chorus
The Treble Makers Chorus is looking for some new singers this Spring!!!
The Treble Makers Chorus is returning as Medford’s city-wide chorus for grades 2, 3, 4 & 5. This exciting opportunity is open for ALL young singers from the Brooks, Columbus, Roberts and McGlynn Schools to enjoy the experience of making music with other children and develop musical skills that will help to nurture their musicianship, build self- confidence and encourage artistic expression through singing.
We will resume rehearsals on Monday, January 30, 2017 in the music room at the Brooks School directed by Ms. Kristen Turner, a member of the Fine Arts Department faculty and Brooks School community. Students enrolled will participate in concerts at Medford High School in January and May. They will receive instruction in proper vocal techniques and choral singing. There is no fee to be a member of the chorus, however, we highly encourage participation as a full year commitment and only 3 excused absenses are allowed.
Also, please be aware at this time, there is no district provided transportation from the other schools to the Brooks School. Pick up time is 4:00PM at the entrance on Auburn St. and students will be dismissed by Ms. Turner.
Spring rehearsal dates are as follows:
Mon. Jan. 30
Feb. 6, 13, 27
March 13 (Dress Rehearsal 3-4PM McGlynn Auditorium)
Wed. March 15 **Choral Collage Concert** 7:30PM McGlynn Auditorium
Resume regular rehearsal at the Brooks School for:
March 20, 27 April 3, 10, 24
Mon., May 1 (Dress Rehearsal 3- 4 PM at Caron Theatre MHS)
Tue., May 2 **Treble Makers Concert 7:00PM Caron Theatre MHS**
We look forward to a rewarding experience and hope that you will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. If you have any questions, you may reach me by email at email@example.com or at the Brooks School, (781)-393-2155 ex 8211.
Ms. Kristen Turner
Brooks School, Music Teacher
If you would like your student to be a part of the Treble Makers Chorus, please fill out the permission slip form and return it with you to your first rehearsal.
Attendance and Other Policies
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the Treblemaker’s Chorus! We are the all-city elementary school chorus for grades 2-5 from the Brooks, Columbus, McGlynn and Roberts Schools. We will inspire great singing, making new friends and have fun all through the joy of creating music together.
Important Things to Know
- Rehearsals are Mondays from 2:45 – 4:00 PM in the music room at the Brooks School. (Note the change in start time). If you are coming from another school, you may join rehearsal as soon as you arrive. Please do not park in the bus lane at the Auburn St.entrance. Students will enter through the Auburn St. door and be dismissed by Ms. Turner at the Auburn St. door at the end of rehearsal each week.
- Students from the Brooks School may be dismissed at 2:35pm directly to Ms. Turner in the music room beginning Monday, October 24. Please provide a note to your student’s teacher or the Brooks Afterschool Program so they may be informed. Also, there is NO early dismissal from chorus as the Brooks Office is closed at 3:30PM.
Chorus Expectations, Attendance and Behavior Policies
All students must have filled out a permission slip to be in the Treblemaker’s Chorus.
- A chorus is a group that must learn to work together as a team in order to make a beautiful sound and in order to do this, a strict attendance policy and work ethic must be followed. Please review the attendance policy with your student.
- Students will only be allowed 3 absences per concert cycle for Fall and Spring. An excused absence from chorus is only when your student is absent from school due to illness or medical reason. Please send a note or email to Ms. Turner stating the reason for the absence.
- If a student misses more than 3 unexcused rehearsals, they will not be allowed to continue to participate in chorus.
- Students are expected to participate in all concert performances.
- Student behavior is very important during rehearsal. A student will be given 3 reminders per rehearsal but after 3 rehearsals with several reminders, a parent meeting will be requested for discussion of continued participation in chorus.
- Chorus Rules: 1. Be Kind 2. Be Cooperative 3. Be Safe 4. Be Your Best
I look forward to getting to know each member of the chorus and I know that we will enjoy a fabulous musical year together! If you have any questions or need to contact me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Brooks School at 781-393-2166 x8211.
Ms. Kristen Turner, Chorus Director
Spring Treblemakers Chorus Rehearsals
Feb. 17 No School (Enjoy February Vacation)
March 13 **Dress Rehearsal for Choral Collage Concert** at McGlynn Elementary School 3:00-4:00 PM
Wednesday, March 15 **Choral Collage Concert**
7:30PM at McGlynn Auditorium
This is a concert featuring Treblemakers Chorus, Mcglynn Middle School Chorus and Medford High School Chorus. We will have a dress rehearsal on Monday, March 13 at the McGlynn Auditorium from 3:00 – 4:00 PM. Please try your best to attend this very important rehearsal and concert.
We will resume regular rehearsals at the Brooks School in preparation for the Spring Concert.
April 17 No School (April Vacation Week)
May 1 *Dress Rehearsal 3:00 – 4:00 PM at Caron Theatre MHS*
Tuesday, May 2 Treblemakers Spring Concert
7:00 PM Caron Theatre MHS