Treble Makers Chorus
Hello Parents and Guardians:
I am excited to announce the start of Treblemakers again this year. The Treblemakers Chorus is a chorus for grades 2-5 and is open to students from all of the Medford elementary schools. The chorus will not hold auditions this year and will be open to all students in grades 2-5 who would like to join.
What We Do:
– Learn singing/ choral techniques such as breath support, posture, diction etc.
– Learn performance skills. We perform twice a year.
– Learn a variety of repertoire- folk music, Broadway tunes, multicultural works, and more
– Have fun!
Where and When:
Chorus will be held on Mondays from 3:00-4:00 at the McGlynn Elementary School auditorium. The first rehearsal will be October 6th.
Arrival and Dismissal:
There will not be a bus provided to bring students to the McGlynn afterschool. Carpooling may be a possibility.
Students must bring the student information form to the first rehearsal completed legibly. If your son/daughter does not have a completed form, he/she cannot attend the first rehearsal. The student information form can be downloaded here.
Attendance is taken seriously in Treblemakers. Since rehearsals take place only once per week, an absence causes a significant loss of music learning. Thus, students are allowed a maximum of three excused absences. Excused absences include a doctor’s note. If more than 3 excused absences occur, a follow-up will take place.
The chorus rehearsals will be held through January 26th, 2015, culminating with a winter concert on January 27th at Medford High School and a Medford Arts Showcase performance at the Meadow Glen Mall in March. More information will be provided at the first rehearsal.
Please contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns throughout the year: email@example.com.
Elementary Music Teacher
McGlynn, Brooks, and Columbus Elementary Schools
The general goals are:
- Develop musical literacy through a sequential approach
- Stimulate the intellectual development of all students
- Develop and refine singing, playing, listening, and creative abilities
- Develop a positive attitude for world music through as variety of meaningful experiences