What is the Site Council?
The Medford High School Site Council (MHSSC) is a representative advisory group (members include students, parents, educators, and community members) that works together in planning for and implementing school improvement. It is an important component of site-based management where a collaborative and deliberative team meets regularly with the principal to assist in planning for and implementing goals and practices that enhance the achievement of all students.
Stakeholders are needed to serve on this important team. In return, membership offers:
– an opportunity to help shape policy decisions
– increased public confidence and mutual support
– added insight regarding community perceptions and expectations
– a better understanding of the school’s possibilities and challenges
The first meeting of the MHSSC will be on October 28th. If you think you might like to join this important group, or if you are just curious, please attend. If you would like more information but can’t make it to the first meeting, please contact Dr. Perella.
The meetings will be held Tuesdays, 6-8 PM in the viewing room of the MHS library.
The following is the schedule for the 2015-2016 site council meetings:
– Thursday, October 29, 2015
– Thursday, November 12, 2015
– Thursday, December 10, 2015
– Thursday, January 21, 2016
– Thursday, February 25, 2016
– Wednesday, March 23, 2016
– Thursday April 14, 2016