Please note that some positions might be part-time as determined by the needs of the school district.
Some of the below files are linked to additional information in a PDF.
Current and Anticipated Openings
- Summer English Learner Programs (PDF)
- MCAS Math Support Program (PDF)
- Grade 8 permanent substitute for social studies needed. Must hold a minimum of a preliminary license. Please send resume to email@example.com.
- ESL Certified Substitute for long-term maternity leave needed. Position will be needed from Wednesday, April 12, 2017 to Tuesday, June 13, 2017. Please send a letter of interest, DESE certification, and a resume to Leslie Trotta, ELL Director, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Education Department summer positions (download PDF)
- (1) ELA Tutor to support tenth grade vocational students as they prepare for the MCAS. Must hold a license in ELA, grades 9-12. Please send all letters of interest to Nicole Chiesa and Heidi Riccio.
- Anticipated opening for a full time Spanish/Italian teacher at Medford High School for the 2017-2018 academic year. Interested candidates should contact Director of foreign Language, Rita DiCarlo email@example.com, 781-393-2375
- Paraprofessional openings: Columbus Elementary, MVTHS: Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FT Special Education Mathematics Substitute Teacher: To educate in a separate classroom, co-teaching, and inclusionary model. The successful candidate has strong mathematics applications and special education background. High School license for special education, required. Secondary mathematics license is preferred. Interested applicants email Heidi Riccio, MVTHS Principal, at email@example.com.
- Elementary Lunch Attendant Interested applicants please forward your letter of interest, and resume to Suzanne Galusi, Brooks Elementary School Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lifeguards – We are looking for certified lifeguards to work at the Medford High school pool this summer for day and evening hours. Contact Rachel Perry at email@example.com 781-393-2280 for more information.
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired (PDF)
- School Year 2016-17: The Medford Public Schools Afterschool Program has four site locations: Brooks School, Columbus School, McGlynn School and Roberts School. We need group leaders and assistant group leaders. Positions available in expanding afterschool programs. Schedule Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri 2:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. and Wed 1:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Group Leader receives an additional one-half hour for prep. Experience with children K-5 is preferred. Activities include homework time, free play, gym and outdoor time, activity time, i.e., art, science. School Year Schedule. Interested applicants please forward letter of interest and resume to Shelley Gross, EC/Afterschool Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medford Public Schools utilizes the AESOP online substitute placement and absent management service.
Substitute teachers for preschool through grade 8 are needed for daily on-call basis to fill in for teacher absences. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Medford Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Medford Public Schools to ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medford Public Schools prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
The Medford Public Schools pays competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
Please send resumes and job application letters to the following address unless otherwise noted above:
Mr. Roy E. Belson
Superintendent of Schools
489 Winthrop Street
Medford, MA 02155