Having trouble with your iPad? Do this first:
1. Make sure your iPad is connected to the MPS-Apple network. Go into Settings, Wi-Fi, and confirm it is on the MPS-Apple network. If it is on the Guest or Guest2 network, select the MPS-Apple network to connect.
2. Make sure it has the latest software update. Go into Settings, General, Software Update. It will either tell you your software is up to date, or will show you the latest update.
3. Turn off the iPad completely (don’t just put it to sleep). Hold down the on/off button on the top of the iPad until a screen appears asking you to swipe to power off. Swipe to power off the iPad,wait a minute, then turn it back on by holding down the on/off button.
4. Reboot the iPad. Hold down the power button and the home button at the same time and don’t let go until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears on the screen.
5. Have you closed your apps? Make sure you close apps when you’re done or else they will continue to run in the background. This can drain your battery and even result in the iPad no longer holding a charge. To close apps, double tap the home button and swipe up with your finger on the apps you want to close.
Common Problems and Possible Solutions:
Help, my apps are greyed out!
Check your restrictions. It’s possible apps that are considered to have adult content, like YouTube, are being restricted.Tap the Settings icon from your home screen and go to:
General > Restrictions > (Allowed content) Apps > Allow all apps
I don’t remember my Apple ID or password
Reset it at https://iforgot.apple.com/iForgot/iForgot.html
I can’t access iTunes or the App Store
This might be caused by a network error or a slow down in the network. It also might be a result of being on the wrong network. Check in your Settings to make sure you are connected to MPS Apple, NOT the MPS Guest or MPS Guest 2.
My apps/s is/aren’t working right
Check to see if there is an update available. Go to the App Store, and tap updates. It is good practice to keep all of your apps up to date for performance and security purposes.
Apple TV Not Working
There are 4 things to check if Apple TV isn’t working:
Check your iPad:
1- Check to make sure your iPad is on the MPS-Apple network (Settings, Wi-Fi)
2- Check to make sure your iPad’s software is up to date. Go to Settings, then, General, then Software Update. If you need to update it, do so (it will take a few minutes).
Check your Apple TV:
3- Check to make sure AirPlay is on for Apple TV (turn on your projector and Apple TV, use the remote control to go to Settings from the Apple TV home screen, then go to AirPlay. It should say on. If not, turn it on using the remote).
4- Check if Apple TV has a software update. Again, turn on your projector and Apple TV, use the remote control to go to Settings from the Apple TV home screen, and then go to General, then Software Update. If there is an update, the device will download and install it. This can take a long time (at least 10 minutes).
More online help