* Demonstrate the ability to portray emotions and personality through the rendering of physical characteristics in two dimensions and three dimensional work
* Produce work which demonstrates an understanding of the concept of craftsmanship
* As a class, develop and use criteria for an informal classroom discussions about art
* Demonstrate an ability to organize and complete projects.
* Demonstrate the use of representation, abstraction, and symbolism to create artwork that conveys a personal point of view
* Work cooperatively in the development of a display or art exhibit
* Demonstrate the ability to describe concepts and techniques
* Classify artworks into general categories, such as painting, printmaking, collage, sculpture, pottery, textiles, architecture, photography, and film
* Describe the similarities and differences in works, and present personal responses and to subject matter
* Explain strengths and weaknesses in their own work, and share comments constructively and supportively within the group.
* Generate and apply criteria for judging the merit and significance of artworks
* Apply media techniques and processes with sufficient skill, confidence and sensitivity that their intentions are carried out in their artworks
* Demonstrate the ability to form and defend judgments about the characteristics, merits, and purposes of art
* Create artworks that use organizational principles and functions to solve specific visual arts problems
* Express informed, reflective views on current events in the arts
* Describe the function and explore the meaning of specific art objects within varied cultures, times, and places
* Set personal and group goals for collecting, presenting, preserving, and assessing their artwork.