Please visit our blog for the latest updates and information

Staff and Contact Information

  • Amelia Jensen – Director of School Counseling, x288 (781-393-2288)
  • Last names A-D: Jason Nascimento, x321 (781-393-2321)
  • Last names E-L: Wendy Horne, x385 (781-393-2385)
  • Last names M-Q: Krista Normandin, x302 (781-393-2302)
  • Last names R-Z: Victoria Glasser, x376 (781-393-2376)
  • Timothy Klein, Guidance Counselor of School & Community Partnerships
  • Rhonda Musikar-Rosner – Adjustment Counselor, x332 (781-393-2332)
  • Lindsay Prichard – Adjustment Counselor, 2nd floor, x256 (781-393-2256)
  • Andree Andree Pierre-Paul, Secretary 781-393-2319

Fax number: 781-393-4310


The mission of the MPS Guidance Department is to ensure all students thrive in the areas of academic development, college and career preparation, and social/emotional wellness by being immersed in an environment that enhances learning, values diversity, inspires self-discovery, and provides innovative opportunities through dynamic school, student, family and community partnerships.

College Information

Important documents for college-bound seniors:

Looking for Community Service Hours?

Community Service Form

Students need 15 hours of community service per year for a total 60 hours to meet graduation requirements.

Work Permits

Work permits are issued only after a student has proof of an offer for employment. Applications must be filled out entirely before a permit is issued. For 14 and 15 year olds, this includes physician, employer, parent/guardian signature. A physician’s signature and school record form is not required for work permit applicants who are 16 and 17, but a parent/guardian signature is still required.

The minor requesting the work permit must be present to receive one; it cannot be issued without them present.

Follow these steps:

Step 1 – Obtain a job offer from an employer.

Step 2 – Fill out the Employment Permit Application which can be found on the state’s website at – you can also pick up a copy of this application from Ms. Pierre-Paul in the High School Guidance Office.

Step 3 – Get your new boss to complete his/her section called the “Promise of Employment” on that application.

Step 4 – Students between the ages of 14-15 need to get a physician’s signature.

Step 5 – All students (regardless of age) will need a parent’s signature.

Step 6 – Take the completed application form to the Guidance Office. If you are a current Medford Public Schools student, your “proof of age,” is on file. If you are not a current Medford Public Schools student, you will need to bring a document such as your birth certificate or passport to prove your age, your school ID and proof of Residency.

Step 7 – Ms. Pierre-Paul (and the student) will then complete the actual work permit document. The student MUST be present to do so; a parent cannot complete this stage of the process in place of the student. The Work Permit is filled out and signed by the student in person and certified by a designated school official.

We hope this helps to clarify the process for obtaining a work permit. It is suggested and advisable to call Ms. Pierre-Paul ahead of time and possible schedule a time to have this information completed. Ms. Pierre-Paul can be reached at (781) 393-2319 or via email at

Transcript Request Forms

MHS/MVTHS Withdrawal Form