Scholarship Guidelines for Donor Organizations
Dear Community Members, Organizations & Businesses,
We would like to start by saying thank you for the generous scholarships and awards you have provided Medford students over the years. The students are very lucky to be surrounded by such a caring community that supports their post-graduate plans and enables them to further their education.
This year, the Medford Guidance Department is working to streamline the process of scholarships to make sure that all students have a fair opportunity to apply, and to ensure an easier process for the contributors and school officials. We hope that the new guidelines below will help clarify this process for you, and make your interactions with the Guidance Department easier.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Ms. Andree Pierre-Paul, Administrative Assistant to Guidance at 781-393-2319 or email@example.com. Thank you.
Medford Guidance Department
Medford Scholarship Guidelines/Process 2016-2017
1. By posting through the Medford Public Schools, you are ensuring that all applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
2. The Guidance Department will assist in posting and distributing information about scholarships to all students, but will not be collecting completed scholarship applications or choosing the winners. We ask that on all scholarship postings and applications, a mailing or email address be provided where they should be sent.
3. Please provide the Guidance Department your scholarship posting no later than March 31st.
4. To ensure you have the proper time to collect, review, choose and inform the Guidance Department of the winner(s), we recommend you make the students’ deadline no later than May 5th.
5. If you would like the scholarship winner recognized that the annual Scholarship Awards Night, please inform the Guidance Department no later than May 15th. Also, please inform the department at this time whether or not you would like to attend and/or personally present to the winner. The event will take place on May 31 at 7pm in the Caron Theater at MHS.
In accordance with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education CR 15, the following guidelines are used when administrating scholarship materials to Medford High School & Vocational Technical High School students:
Non-discriminatory administration of scholarships, prizes and awards
Scholarships, prizes and awards sponsored or administered by the district are free of restrictions based upon race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. Medford High School may post or print information regarding private restricted scholarship, however, no preferential treatment is given to any particular scholarship offered and Medford High School does not endorse or recommend any such scholarship nor advise or suggest to a particular student that he or she apply for such a scholarship.